- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Leaders call for unity
“Washington is a town where power is relentlessly pursued, yet even here we acknowledge a higher power to which we must call for an answer,” Mr. Dole said, adding: “This is most emphatically a time to heal.”
President Bush sent welcoming greetings to the participants. “As pastors and community leaders, you are part of the armies of compassion who help to change lives, one heart and one soul at a time. I applaud your dedication and your commitment to serving others. Laura joins me in sending our best wishes,” Mr. Bush said in a letter read by Arizona state Sen. Mark Anderson, a Republican.
Speakers included the Rev. Walter Fauntroy, senior pastor of New Bethel Baptist Church in the District and former D.C. delegate to Congress; Robin Read Brunelli, president of the National Foundation for Women Legislators; the Rev. Peter Marshall; New York-based clergymen the Rev. Floyd Flake, also a former congressman, and the Rev. Lonnie McLeod; Luis Cortes, president of faith-based Nueva Esperanza Inc., in Philadelphia; the Rev. Helen Fleming of Eastwick, Penn.; and Father Masoud Farid Hatoum of Nazareth, Israel.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.