- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Then in the final quarter, an interception of LSU quarterback Matt Mauck by Oklahoma junior corner Antonio Perkins nearly resurrected the moribund Sooners. Perkins returned the ball to the LSU 35, setting up the Sooners with a short field and allowing them to cut the score to 21-14 early in the fourth quarter.
Last nights BCS behemoth capped a controversial bowl season which saw a USC team ranked No.1 in both polls snubbed by the formula which determined the Sugar Bowl matchup. And while most of the 62 coaches who comprise one of those polls are likely to follow BCS protocol and cast their lot with LSU, the Trojans (12-1) held their spot in the AP Poll released early this morning to earn a share of their first national title since 1979.
So until college football gets a playoff knockout, well have to live with the occasional split decision.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.