- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
Kerry loves ‘Manny Ortiz’ and the Sawx
Perhaps Kerry deserves partial baseball credit again, if only because Yost was a coach with the Red Sox from 1977 to 1984.
Or perhaps Kerry deserves an apology from Gammons and the vast right-wing baseball conspiracy.
So suggest a number of left-wing conspiracy theorists on the Internet.
They say anyone with the slightest knowledge of the Red Sox in the ‘50s knows that Anthony Perkins would have been Kerry’s favorite ballplayer.
Perkins, of course, was a weak-throwing outfielder with the Red Sox who eventually had a mental breakdown because of Karl Malden. Perkins recovered in time to become Norman Bates, who played briefly with the Red Sox in the ‘60s before succumbing to mental issues as well.
Having a mental problem goes with being a fan of the Red Sox, as Kerry knows only too well.
The ball went through Bill Buckner’s legs in the 1986 World Series because of the curse of Carlton Fisk.
If you look closely in the oft-shown clip of Fisk waving the ball fair, you can see Kerry throwing someone else’s war medals onto the field.
That probably is the cause of Kerry’s weak arm — all that wear and tear from throwing away someone else’s war medals.
That apparently was Kerry’s twin passions in those turbulent years: watching the Red Sox games and throwing away someone else’s war medals.
Kerry undoubtedly is keeping tabs on the Red Sox these days. The underrated Ben Affleck is having a fine season at second base, which Kerry has to love.
To their credit, Kerry and Hillary have been able to maintain a warm relationship, despite the history of bad blood between the Red Sox and Yankees.
Hillary even forgave Pedro Martinez for roughing up the old gerbil with a metal plate in his head.
Whenever the two teams meet, unfortunately, a scrum is bound to follow.
It goes back to the Red Sox selling Mickey Mantle to the Yankees a long time ago.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.