- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Catholics place ad in 5 papers to scold Kerry
Question of the Day
Five newspapers in presidential battleground states will publish a full-page ad today from Catholic elected officials and voters chiding Democratic Sen. John Kerry for his pro-choice stance on abortion.
The ad, titled “An Open Letter from Fellow Catholics to John Kerry,” was funded by the Bush-Cheney campaign. It is running in mid-sized newspapers with strong Catholic readership in Pennsylvania, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin and Florida.
“In the most recent debate, Senator Kerry, you said, ‘everything you do in public life has to be guided by your faith,’ and that ‘everything is a gift from the Almighty.’ But apparently, when it comes to the issue of the right to life, you follow neither your own faith nor your own reason,” the ad says.
“Senator Kerry, your stand contradicts both your faith and reason,” the ad says.
The letter is signed by 38 Catholics, including Sen. Rick Santorum, Pennsylvania Republican; American Catholic Council President Connie Marshner; former Major League Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn; and a handful of college professors, including two from Catholic University.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- N. Korean news agency: Kim Jong Un's uncle executed
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- White House improvises again on patchy Obamacare rollout
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Jane Fonda Foundation fails to make single contribution in 5 years: report
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Born in 1930 in rural Missouri, Charles Vandegriffe, Sr., brings his time and place to the Communities.
Columns from Voices around the World talking about the events, people, politics and social issues that concern us wherever, and whoever, we are.
Chef Mary Moran discusses the food we eat, where it comes from and what it does for us.
An informed and often humorous take on the world of advertising, public relations and social media. 100% Pure. Not from concentrate.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow