- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
Catholics place ad in 5 papers to scold Kerry
Five newspapers in presidential battleground states will publish a full-page ad today from Catholic elected officials and voters chiding Democratic Sen. John Kerry for his pro-choice stance on abortion.
The ad, titled “An Open Letter from Fellow Catholics to John Kerry,” was funded by the Bush-Cheney campaign. It is running in mid-sized newspapers with strong Catholic readership in Pennsylvania, Iowa, New Hampshire, Wisconsin and Florida.
“In the most recent debate, Senator Kerry, you said, ‘everything you do in public life has to be guided by your faith,’ and that ‘everything is a gift from the Almighty.’ But apparently, when it comes to the issue of the right to life, you follow neither your own faith nor your own reason,” the ad says.
“Senator Kerry, your stand contradicts both your faith and reason,” the ad says.
The letter is signed by 38 Catholics, including Sen. Rick Santorum, Pennsylvania Republican; American Catholic Council President Connie Marshner; former Major League Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn; and a handful of college professors, including two from Catholic University.
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Gun control supporters send message to NRA
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014