- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Letters to the Editor
The cost of illegal immigration
Regarding “Rounding up all illegals ‘not realistic’” (Page 1, Friday) by Jerry Seper: Asa Hutchinson has once again clearly demonstrated that he is not up to the task of protecting the U.S. borders.
His statements and inaction show that rich bureaucrats have little view of reality from the gated communities in which they live. Mr. Hutchinson speaks of a lack of will on the part of the American people to uproot illegal aliens in the United States. How did Mr. Hutchinson arrive at such a conclusion? The only lack of will is on his part.
He speaks of the American people not wanting to cover the cost of searching out and capturing the illegals. This ploy is just a smoke screen to take the pressure off of his shoulders so he can return to his country club for a round of golf.
Illegal aliens, and there are far more than the 8 million that Mr. Hutchinson acknowledges, cost the American taxpayer more than September 11, the Iraq war and every natural disaster each year. Our medical, legal and educational systems are cluttered with them. Our streets, not Mr. Hutchinson’s, are plagued by illegal alien gangs.
He speaks of “compassion” for illegal aliens, yet he never mentions compassion for the American citizens who pay his salary with nothing to show for it. Mr. Hutchinson is supposed to be working for the American citizen, not for some illegal-alien front organization. We need to replace Mr. Hutchinson and replace him with a hard-nosed realist who wants the job and will do it.
WILSON L. FARIS
Terror and Chechnya
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.