- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Muslim peril in a new faith
Mrs. Copeland and Miss Smith say the Muslim Background Believers Convention offers a chance for fellowship with other Christians in similar circumstances.
“It’s good to meet other people, who think like you and understand what you’re going through,” Miss Smith says.
For those who came from Protestant or Catholic backgrounds, the conference offered a chance to understand the Muslim culture and what converts from Islam are experiencing.
“What [this convention] is trying to do is bring people together and say, ‘Let’s focus … [and understand] all these cultural differences that draw us apart,’” says Julie Stall, one of the 17 speakers. “[The] whole idea of how we help each other is a very important topic.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.