- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Dusty’s road could lead here
Question of the Day
Those comments stirred criticism of Baker from Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti, which in turn was criticized by an ESPN columnist named Scoop Jackson (a name so ridiculous I am embarrassed to even write it), who wrote that the Baker rumors that he wants to leave “come from certain members of the 312 area code media who quietly would like to see someone else at the helm of the organization that best reps America’s national pastime. Someone who looks and acts more like them.”
Jackson criticized other columnists for not defending Baker. “Not that they’re supposed to, but … they ain’t we,” Jackson wrote. “They don’t feel your struggle, Dusty.”
It doesn’t sound like this is going to end well for Dusty Baker in Chicago, and he may be looking a new beginning — maybe in a city where being a long-suffering baseball fan doesn’t mean your team hasn’t won a World Series since 1924. The pain here has been not having a team to root for through 33 seasons, a pain that tends to numb the displays of dissatisfaction that Baker finds so offensive in Chicago.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors