- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
Lincoln birthday marked on Mall
The audience remained in place until 25 wreaths were placed at the feet of the seated Lincoln statue. The wreath donors included President Bush, the Sons of the Union Veterans of the Civil War, the Dames of the Loyal Legion of the United States, the 81st Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment, Friends of Hildee-Home of Robert Todd Lincoln, the American War Mothers and the Lincoln Commission at New York Avenue Presbyterian Church.
The United States Marine Band performed much of the music yesterday, including “Taps” from a lone bugler to conclude the hourlong program.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky being held by east Ukraine militants: report
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.