- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Donkey see, monkey do
Last week, Sen. George Allen personally apologized to a staff member of his Democrat opponent, James Webb, for calling him a “macaca.” This was the latest in a string of public apologies for what has been described as a racial slur aimed at individual who is of Indian descent.
The moral outrage pouring from the media and Democrats was heartwarming. It was reassuring to see that such expressions of bigotry by any party, politician or political organization (or movie actor) will not be tolerated.
So no doubt the media and the Left will soon turn their attention to the vicious anti-Semitism the followers and members of a political organization that donates millions to Democratic candidates and uses the Web to whip up support for its policies.
I am referring to Moveon.org; an entity that claims it is merely the vehicle of “real Americans — from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders — we work together to realize the progressive vision of our country’s founders.” To the extent that Moveon.org is a reflection of its membership, it is also a reflection of the opinions and sentiments it shares about its fellow Americans and citizens of the world. And boy do the Moveon folks hate Jews.
Perhaps hate is too weak a word. William F. Buckley Jr. wrote an article in 1991 exploring the question of whether Pat Buchanan was an anti-Semite (The answer: yes.) Mr. Buchanan called Jewish supporters of Israel its “amen corner” and a fourth (or was it fifth?) column undermining American global interests. But he never called them “Media owning Jewish pigs” or “sneaky Jewish sympathizers!” Both can be found repeatedly on the Moveon.org Action Forum.
Moveon is not the only leftist Web site filled with anti-Semitism. But compared to the Dailykos and the slanderous Huffington Post nothing compares to Moveon in terms of quantity or viciousness.
After Sen. Joe Lieberman lost the Democratic primary in Connecticut, one Moveon member stated: “Jew Lieberman first step. Corporate Clinton will be next. Impeachment of BushCo will be third.” This one came in with 95 percent of Moveon members responding approving the “Jew Lieberman” post. (Moveon helpfully records the percent of people agreeing with each post.)
Many postings creatively connect the need to eliminate Jewish influence with the goal of impeaching President Bush: Here’s a typical one, which also received a high approval rating:
“I was reading some where someone posting about how Israel has lost world respect because of their murderous rampage throughout Lebanon?
Talk about loss of respect? What do you think the rest of the world thinks of ZioUSA now after seeing the BushCo spectacle, with Rice & Bolton flailing in the wind for the Zionazis against all world opinion?
Loss of respect is putting it mildly.
Impeachment of Bush is the only remedy.”
Wonder how impeaching Mr. Bush will reduce Jewish influence in the Middle East and the media? This next post explains it all:
“There is an Army of Zionist Cyber Trolls sent onto the Internet who are part of an organized effort to hush, distract, and obfuscate the Zionist massacre and destruction of Lebanon and the Gaza Strip and it’s peoples.
All of this is part and parcel of a deliberate strategy orchestrated from the BushCo ZioNeoCon Cabal in cahoots with the Zionazi Israelis to attempt to provoke the Syrians and Iranians to draw them into the conflict in Lebanon so as to be able to have an excuse for BushCo to ‘strike back in response’ with U.S. military might in ‘the defense of Israel’.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Richard Ivory, editor-in-chief of Hip Hop Republicans and HHR at Communities Digital News, turns his interests, and pen, to the people making news today.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow