- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Donkey see, monkey do
Last week, Sen. George Allen personally apologized to a staff member of his Democrat opponent, James Webb, for calling him a “macaca.” This was the latest in a string of public apologies for what has been described as a racial slur aimed at individual who is of Indian descent.
The moral outrage pouring from the media and Democrats was heartwarming. It was reassuring to see that such expressions of bigotry by any party, politician or political organization (or movie actor) will not be tolerated.
So no doubt the media and the Left will soon turn their attention to the vicious anti-Semitism the followers and members of a political organization that donates millions to Democratic candidates and uses the Web to whip up support for its policies.
I am referring to Moveon.org; an entity that claims it is merely the vehicle of “real Americans — from carpenters to stay-at-home moms to business leaders — we work together to realize the progressive vision of our country’s founders.” To the extent that Moveon.org is a reflection of its membership, it is also a reflection of the opinions and sentiments it shares about its fellow Americans and citizens of the world. And boy do the Moveon folks hate Jews.
Perhaps hate is too weak a word. William F. Buckley Jr. wrote an article in 1991 exploring the question of whether Pat Buchanan was an anti-Semite (The answer: yes.) Mr. Buchanan called Jewish supporters of Israel its “amen corner” and a fourth (or was it fifth?) column undermining American global interests. But he never called them “Media owning Jewish pigs” or “sneaky Jewish sympathizers!” Both can be found repeatedly on the Moveon.org Action Forum.
Moveon is not the only leftist Web site filled with anti-Semitism. But compared to the Dailykos and the slanderous Huffington Post nothing compares to Moveon in terms of quantity or viciousness.
After Sen. Joe Lieberman lost the Democratic primary in Connecticut, one Moveon member stated: “Jew Lieberman first step. Corporate Clinton will be next. Impeachment of BushCo will be third.” This one came in with 95 percent of Moveon members responding approving the “Jew Lieberman” post. (Moveon helpfully records the percent of people agreeing with each post.)
Many postings creatively connect the need to eliminate Jewish influence with the goal of impeaching President Bush: Here’s a typical one, which also received a high approval rating:
“I was reading some where someone posting about how Israel has lost world respect because of their murderous rampage throughout Lebanon?
Talk about loss of respect? What do you think the rest of the world thinks of ZioUSA now after seeing the BushCo spectacle, with Rice & Bolton flailing in the wind for the Zionazis against all world opinion?
Loss of respect is putting it mildly.
Impeachment of Bush is the only remedy.”
Wonder how impeaching Mr. Bush will reduce Jewish influence in the Middle East and the media? This next post explains it all:
“There is an Army of Zionist Cyber Trolls sent onto the Internet who are part of an organized effort to hush, distract, and obfuscate the Zionist massacre and destruction of Lebanon and the Gaza Strip and it’s peoples.
All of this is part and parcel of a deliberate strategy orchestrated from the BushCo ZioNeoCon Cabal in cahoots with the Zionazi Israelis to attempt to provoke the Syrians and Iranians to draw them into the conflict in Lebanon so as to be able to have an excuse for BushCo to ‘strike back in response’ with U.S. military might in ‘the defense of Israel’.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Couple from Ethiopia begin new life in Dubuque
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again