- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
Haywood, Thomas have altercation
Question of the Day
Washington Wizards coach Eddie Jordan benched starting center Brendan Haywood and reserve center Etan Thomas last night because of an altercation between the two players at Monday's practice, according to two team sources.
Haywood came off the bench to play 34 minutes in last night's 90-78 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves, and Thomas did not play at all.
Before the game, Jordan announced Michael Ruffin would start in Haywood's place at center. Haywood finished the game with nine points and nine rebounds.
Jordan said Haywood was being benched for violating an unspecified team rule. Jordan mentioned nothing about Thomas but since he is not a starter -- and because he has played a limited role for the team this season -- no questions were asked about whether or not he would play.
According to three sources, a heated argument took place between the two players during Monday's evening practice, the first since the All-Star break. Two sources said blows were exchanged, while a third source simply maintained that the two were clearly at odds with each other.
Haywood had no comment after the game.
-- John N. Mitchell
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world