- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
Haywood, Thomas have altercation
Washington Wizards coach Eddie Jordan benched starting center Brendan Haywood and reserve center Etan Thomas last night because of an altercation between the two players at Monday's practice, according to two team sources.
Haywood came off the bench to play 34 minutes in last night's 90-78 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves, and Thomas did not play at all.
Before the game, Jordan announced Michael Ruffin would start in Haywood's place at center. Haywood finished the game with nine points and nine rebounds.
Jordan said Haywood was being benched for violating an unspecified team rule. Jordan mentioned nothing about Thomas but since he is not a starter -- and because he has played a limited role for the team this season -- no questions were asked about whether or not he would play.
According to three sources, a heated argument took place between the two players during Monday's evening practice, the first since the All-Star break. Two sources said blows were exchanged, while a third source simply maintained that the two were clearly at odds with each other.
Haywood had no comment after the game.
-- John N. Mitchell
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014