- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Question of the Day
Taliban warns of more attacks
KABUL — Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar purportedly warned yesterday of a surge in violence, clearly rejecting Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s proposal a day earlier to “get in touch” if he wants to talk peace.
Meanwhile, Pakistan said it protested to the U.S. military a cross-border firing that killed eight persons in a Pakistani village, but stopped short of blaming American forces for the attack.
Plane crash kills senior commander
TEHRAN — A small military passenger jet crashed yesterday in northwestern Iran, killing at least 11 persons, including the commander of the ground forces of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards.
Gen. Ahmad Kazemi and 10 other officers were killed, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.
It was the second time in two months that a military plane crashed in Iran while attempting an emergency landing.
Reclusive leader visits China
SEOUL — North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has traveled to China on a rare trip outside his country, a South Korean military intelligence official said today.
The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said he received the information from intelligence inside China. “We confirmed he went to China,” the official said. China’s Foreign Ministry said it could not confirm the report.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world