- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
McIntosh to have surgery
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Rookie outside linebacker Rocky McIntosh will have arthroscopic knee surgery today and will miss the team’s minicamp this weekend.
In a statement, coach Joe Gibbs said McIntosh will be ready for training camp. Director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer said through a team spokesperson that McIntosh’s injury had developed gradually throughout May and June and the Redskins wanted to operate now so the problem wouldn’t linger into training camp.
The team’s first draft pick (second round) in April, McIntosh is expected to compete for the starting weak-side linebacker job with Warrick Holdman and Chris Clemons.
McIntosh joins quarterback Mark Brunell (finger) on the sideline for the three-day minicamp, which starts Friday.
— Ryan O’Halloran
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014