- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
McIntosh to have surgery
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Rookie outside linebacker Rocky McIntosh will have arthroscopic knee surgery today and will miss the team’s minicamp this weekend.
In a statement, coach Joe Gibbs said McIntosh will be ready for training camp. Director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer said through a team spokesperson that McIntosh’s injury had developed gradually throughout May and June and the Redskins wanted to operate now so the problem wouldn’t linger into training camp.
The team’s first draft pick (second round) in April, McIntosh is expected to compete for the starting weak-side linebacker job with Warrick Holdman and Chris Clemons.
McIntosh joins quarterback Mark Brunell (finger) on the sideline for the three-day minicamp, which starts Friday.
— Ryan O’Halloran
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.