- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Bush rejects Iraq pullout
Some Democrats questioned Mr. Bush’s trip to Iraq, with Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, Maryland Democrat, calling it “more like a well-staged media event than a true investigative mission” and top party leaders saying the visit doesn’t constitute a plan for victory.
“I don’t even think we have a clear idea of what the mission is in Iraq,” said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat. “The message to the Iraqi people has to be that they must have significant transition this year in taking responsibility for their government and for their security.”
Republicans seemed to welcome the debate among Democrats.
“I think this is a particularly bad time to send a message to the terrorists in Iraq that we might be thinking of running, just when they’re running,” said Senate Majority Whip Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican.
The White House also said recent weeks prove why the Democrats’ amendment is a bad strategy.
“If we had pulled American troops out of Iraq in April, as some Democrats in Congress had advocated, then our troops wouldn’t have brought Zarqawi and many other terrorists to justice,” said White House spokeswoman Dana Perino.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes