- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
Redskins add two linemen
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
The Washington Redskins added some much-needed depth to their offensive line yesterday with the signing of free agents Tyson Walter and Mike Pucillo.
Walter, 28, spent three seasons with Dallas after being chosen in the sixth round of the 2002 draft. The 6-foot-4, 303-pound Ohio State graduate started eight games at center as a rookie. However, Walter started just once the next two seasons while filling in at center and guard before he was waived last summer. He was picked up by Houston in November but didn’t get into a game.
Pucillo, 26, didn’t play at all for Buffalo as a seventh-round draft pick out of Auburn in 2002 but started 12 games at right guard in 2003 under coach Gregg Williams, now Washington’s assistant head coach-defense. The 6-4, 311-pound Pucillo played in just two games for coach Mike Mularkey in 2004. He caught on with Cleveland last season, starting six games — one at right guard, two at center and three at left guard.
Neither is seen as a potential starter.
— David Elfin
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.