- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Last night at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland:
SEEN AND HEARD
Former Wizards assistant coach Mike Brown, entering his second season at the helm in Cleveland, said expectations indeed have increased for the Cavaliers following last year. Cleveland won 50 games and pushed the Detroit Pistons in the second round last season.
"I'm walking into the building, and I've got people pounding me on the back saying, 'Let's go for a championship.' And we haven't played one regular-season game yet," Brown said before tipoff. "So the expectations have risen, and they should. But let's get the season started first."
Remember when nobody even knew that Gund Arena, the old name for Quicken Loans Arena, held NBA games? All that has changed now with the arrival of LeBron James.
Games are sold out now, and the Cavaliers organization is making money rather than hemorrhaging it. The Cavaliers have moved their beat writers and all visiting reporters off the floor and up into the second level of the arena, far away from the action. ...
Andray Blatche was joined on the Wizards' inactive list by James Lang and the injured Darius Songaila. Songaila will have back surgery today on the ruptured disc in his back.
BY THE NUMBERS
9 Consecutive shots missed by Gilbert Arenas before he sank his first basket of the game, a 3-pointer with 3:34 left in the third quarter.
— John N. Mitchell
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again