- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to Clinton, mascot claims
Saunders: I call the plays
Al Saunders set the record straight today at Redskin Park: He calls all the offensive plays and coach Joe Gibbs makes the decision on whether the Washington Redskins kick a field goal or go for it on fourth down.
"I have the responsibility of calling the offensive plays -- there's no conflict on whose calling the plays," said Saunders, the Redskins' associate head coach.
Misunderstandings have filled the D.C. airwaves -- particularly on sports talk radio -- this week, particularly suggesting that Gibbs takes a more active role in the play calling once the Redskins reach the opponent's 35-yard line. Gibbs and Saunders say that's hardly the case.
"We always have discussions between series and he's a great resource," Saunders said. "But during a drive, there's no time to have input from anybody or else we get delay of game calls."
Saunders said he has 10 seconds to call a play and he relays it to quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor, who in turn tells quarterback Mark Brunell.
Following a series, Saunders first talks with offensive line coach Joe Bugel and also gets input from Gibbs and the other offensive assistants on what is and isn't working and which plays might work on the next possession.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.