- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Question of the Day
Motorcyclists sought in man’s beating
State police are asking for help in identifying three bikers who attacked a man in Templeville, leaving him with permanent brain injuries.
The incident occurred July 1 at about 4:30 p.m. on Bear Pond Road. The victim, Robert Clegg, 45, of Sudlersville, was a passenger in a pickup truck that was rear-ended by a yellow-and-black sport motorcycle. The rider fell onto the road.
When Mr. Clegg’s pickup stopped to check on the man, police said two other cyclists pulled up and started beating him.
He was flown to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center and was in stable condition Monday.
Police said the injured biker and the assailants left the scene. All three were riding foreign-made sport bikes. Pieces of the injured biker’s skin were recovered from the truck.
Police investigate fatal stabbing, slashing
Baltimore police are investigating the fatal stabbing and slashing of a 15-year-old girl in her home in West Baltimore.
A woman who said she is the girl’s mother said that her daughter had stab wounds to the chest and that her throat was slashed. She identified her daughter as Christine Richardson.
The death was reported early yesterday morning on South Fulton Avenue when the mother returned home from work at about 2 a.m. Neighbors heard the woman scream for help when she found the girl’s body upstairs.
From wire dispatches and staff reports
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- '50 Shades' movie trailer outrages anti-porn groups
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq