- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
Police also are investigating a May report at the same mall where a woman was grabbed by a man. After the man reached under her skirt, police said, she hit him and he fled.
Teen stole money for mother’s drugs
A Severn teenager is going to prison for robbing people to support his mother’s drug habit.
Jamar Isaac, 18, will serve 18 months for stealing more than $60,000 from a dozen people. The robberies happened in Severn, Glen Burnie and Brooklyn Park.
Isaac pleaded guilty to eight crimes last week.
Assistant State’s Attorney Michael Dunty said this case is unusual because Isaac was stealing so Angela Eagleton, 49, who has an extensive criminal history, could continue her drug use.
Anne Arundel County state’s attorney spokeswoman Kristin Riggin said Eagleton just got out of prison for similar crimes.
Prosecutors said Isaac still owes his victims about $63,000.
Police found nearly $10,000 in drugs and $14,000 in cash when they raided his home. They also found guns and a bulletproof vest.
Two men charged in Marine’s death
Two men were indicted yesterday in the fatal stabbing of a Marine last month, Baltimore city prosecutors said.
Maurice Crosby, 19, and Eric Ammenhauser, 21, are charged with first-degree murder in the June 10 death of Michael Simms, 19.
Mr. Simms was trying to break up a fight between his friends when he was stabbed.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq