- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Question of the Day
Miss Brown, 39, had been co-host with Lester Holt of “Weekend Today” since 2003 as well as correspondent and occasional fill-in anchor on NBC’s “Nightly News.” She’s a former White House reporter who also covered the 2000 presidential election for NBC News.
According to Associated Press, Miss Brown was considered a potential successor to Katie Couric for the weekday “Today” post, a job that went to Meredith Vieira.
Several anchors will be filling in over that time, she said.
Female prez for ‘24’
The United States will have a female president next year — on the Fox TV series “24.”
Tony Award-winning actress Cherry Jones will play President Allison Taylor when the show about the exploits of counterterrorism agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) returns in January for its seventh season, the network announced Sunday.
Miss Jones‘ term will coincide with Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential bid, but Fox Entertainment Chairman Peter Liguori said fiction and real-world politics will not intersect.
“It’s a dramatic decision. The president is a very important piece of ‘24,’ ” he told AP. “We’ve had a broad array of presidents on the show; why not a female president?”
The series has been an Oval Office groundbreaker before, with Dennis Haysbert playing President Palmer, the nation’s first black president.
WWE ratings take hit
Will Vince McMahon’s WWE suffer a backlash from wrestler Chris Benoit’s June 24 murder of his wife and son and subsequent suicide?
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors