- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Around the Nation
3 killed when van rolls into pond
BRIDGEPORT — A van rolled into a pond yesterday after the driver got out to ask directions to a July Fourth barbecue, killing a woman and two children and leaving a third child in critical condition, authorities said.
The victims were in 15 to 20 feet of water for 20 to 25 minutes, Fire Battalion Chief Ismael Pomales said. Their names were not released.
The van’s driver apparently had stopped near a concession stand at Beardsley Park and left the vehicle to ask for directions, Chief Pomales said. The driver was still outside the van when it started to roll down a hill to a pond 60 or 70 yards away.
Search continues for missing boy
LOUISVILLE — A 4-year-old boy has been missing from his home near the Churchill Downs racetrack since Friday and offers for help in finding him are pouring in, officials said.
Cesar Ivan Aguilar-Cano was last seen playing outside his apartment building near the home of the Kentucky Derby. Police have said they do not think he was abducted.
There has been no indication where he might be, although police have received more than 100 tips, and authorities, friends and neighbors have conducted extensive searches.
“We’re running down every lead we’re getting at this point,” said Lt. Col. Tim Emington, an assistant police chief in Louisville. “We want to keep this in the public’s eye.”
Those close to the boy, including his mother, are cooperating in the investigation, a family spokesman said.
Man charged in murder-robbery
FRYEBURG — A man wanted in at least three Southern states has been arrested in connection with the killings of a manager and two customers during an apparent robbery at an outdoor gear store in New Hampshire.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.