- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Around the Nation
Question of the Day
3 killed when van rolls into pond
BRIDGEPORT — A van rolled into a pond yesterday after the driver got out to ask directions to a July Fourth barbecue, killing a woman and two children and leaving a third child in critical condition, authorities said.
The victims were in 15 to 20 feet of water for 20 to 25 minutes, Fire Battalion Chief Ismael Pomales said. Their names were not released.
The van’s driver apparently had stopped near a concession stand at Beardsley Park and left the vehicle to ask for directions, Chief Pomales said. The driver was still outside the van when it started to roll down a hill to a pond 60 or 70 yards away.
Search continues for missing boy
LOUISVILLE — A 4-year-old boy has been missing from his home near the Churchill Downs racetrack since Friday and offers for help in finding him are pouring in, officials said.
Cesar Ivan Aguilar-Cano was last seen playing outside his apartment building near the home of the Kentucky Derby. Police have said they do not think he was abducted.
There has been no indication where he might be, although police have received more than 100 tips, and authorities, friends and neighbors have conducted extensive searches.
“We’re running down every lead we’re getting at this point,” said Lt. Col. Tim Emington, an assistant police chief in Louisville. “We want to keep this in the public’s eye.”
Those close to the boy, including his mother, are cooperating in the investigation, a family spokesman said.
Man charged in murder-robbery
FRYEBURG — A man wanted in at least three Southern states has been arrested in connection with the killings of a manager and two customers during an apparent robbery at an outdoor gear store in New Hampshire.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world