- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Question of the Day
‘Denial of God’
“The practice of contraception is, at its root, a denial of God — a self-centered personal interest in sex without consequences. …
“Brazil’s Catholic ‘supermodel’ Gisele [Bundchen] … has come out swinging at the Catholic Church, telling the media that ‘today no one is a virgin when they get married.’
“She went on to tell anyone who would listen that she thinks it should be compulsory to use contraception. … Not only that, but according to ABC News, ‘Gisele is idolized by many young women in Brazil, the world’s largest Roman Catholic country, where debate over sexual issues intensified around a visit by Pope Benedict last month.’
“Now, why am I not shocked? …
“The thousands of Catholic parents in our world who raise their children to be representatives of Christ by imitating His invitation to virtue will never make the news with such a splash. But give a scantily-clad ‘supermodel’ an opportunity, and she will do all she can to discredit God’s gift of personhood.”
— Judie Brown, president of the American Life League, writing on “Respect for the human person begins with you,” Wednesday in her blog at www.all.org
“My dear mom, who is a card-carrying member of the left-wing ‘America is to blame for all evil’ school of kooky thought, isn’t the first person I would turn to for sage political analysis.
“I love my mother to death, but when it comes to politics we don’t agree on much … well, just about anything for that matter. …
“So I find it rather striking that the other night my mother would rise from her sofa … consumed with anger over … efforts by Congress to pass an amnesty-for-illegal-aliens plan.
“My mother, one of those liberals who makes excuses for tin-pot dictators and lashes out at our ‘evil’ foreign policy, rang me up to tell me of her fury and rage over this ‘Shamnesty Bill.’ She sees the efforts by Congress and the Bush administration as leading us down a path toward eternal eradication of our borders and our way of life as we know it today.
“I couldn’t agree with her more. Whew! Thanksgiving dinner is a definite ‘go’ this year.”
— Melanie Morgan, writing on “Jobs the political elite won’t do,” Friday at WorldNetDaily.com
“Just as abortion has become a litmus test for Supreme Court nominees, the treatment of abortion in ‘Knocked Up’ seems to be emerging as a litmus test for the politics of its viewers. At the National Review Web site, Kathryn Jean Lopez writes approvingly that ‘in “Knocked Up” abortion is presented as an option whose time has come and gone,’ while lefty blogger Ezra Klein sees ‘Knocked Up’ as ‘pro-choice in the most literal sense of the term.’ …
“As the mother of a 1-year-old daughter, I think I can say that if she turned up pregnant in her early 20s under exactly Alison’s circumstances [in ‘Knocked Up’] — single, barely acquainted with the father, financially dependent (she lives with her married sister), weeping miserably at her first sonogram — I would encourage her to at least consider the possibility of abortion. … I would certainly tell my beloved girl that, like most of my close female friends … I had an abortion myself around that age, and … it’s a decision I look back on now with neither anguish nor regret.”
— Dana Stevens, writing on “The Politics of Shmashmortion,” Friday at Slate.com
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world