- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Tea on a plate a splash of taste
Question of the Day
cup (about 1/4 ounce) large-leaf green tea
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 quart chicken stock or 2 14-ounce cans
Grated zest lemon
Salt and pepper
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 medium potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
1 medium parsnip, thinly sliced
8 to 10 snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
Pour 1 cup boiling water over tea leaves and leave until tepid, about 15 minutes. Cut chicken breast in julienne strips. Bring stock to a boil in a soup pot with lemon zest and a little salt and pepper.
Add carrots, potatoes and parsnip and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and snow peas and continue simmering until chicken and vegetables are just tender, 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in tea leaves and liquid, taste, adjust seasoning and serve. Makes 2 servings.
Anne Willan’s latest book is “Quick Fixes and Kitchen Tips” (Wiley).
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener