- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Redskins downplay talk of LSU quarterback
Washington Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato confirmed an ESPN.com report today stating LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell will meet with the team’s coaches and front office on April 10.
But that doesn’t mean the Redskins have an interest in drafting Russell, considered by many experts as the draft’s top prospect.
“We have 25 guys coming in to visit during the first three weeks of April,” Cerrato said. “Whoever are considered the top players in this draft, you’ll see all of them coming to visit. We have to cover our bases in case we trade up, trade back or stay.”
The Redskins have the sixth overall pick in the draft, which is April 28-29.
Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas and Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson are also scheduled to visit Redskin Park even though those positions aren’t areas of need.
“We want to talk to everybody just so we get a chance to know them,” Cerrato said.
The Redskins, according to NFL.com, are also traveling to Columbus, Ohio to work out Ted Ginn Jr., on April 16 and bringing quarterback Jason Campbell along. Because of a leg injury sustained in the Super Bowl, Ginn won’t work out for teams until April 12.
By Tammy Bruce
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again