- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
• Chantry: “The Full Monte: Music of Renaissance Master Philippe de Monte.” Washington premieres of Missa Vestiva i colli, Motets in 5 and 6 parts. Seven-year-old ensemble focuses on historically informed performance of neglected Renaissance and Baroque masterpieces. 6 p.m. April 20. $28, $30. www.chantrydc.com
St. Patrick’s Church
619 10th St. NW. 202/347-2713, www.saintpatrickdc.org
• Catholic University Town and Gown Community Chorus: “Music for a Spring Afternoon.” Pinkham, Philip, Brahms, Purcell, Beethoven. 3 p.m. April 19. Free. Information at 202/319-5414.
St. Paul’s Church K Street
2430 K St. NW. 202/337-2020, www.stpauls-kst.com
• Chantry: “The Full Monte: Music of Renaissance Master Philippe de Monte.” Washington premieres of Missa Vestiva i colli, Motets in 5 and 6 parts. Seven-year-old ensemble focuses on historically informed performance of neglected Renaissance and Baroque masterpieces. 8 p.m. April 19. $28, $30. www.chantrydc.com
Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center
Northern Virginia Community College, 3001 N. Beauregard St., Alexandria. 703/845-6156, www.nvcc.edu/schlesingercenter
• Festivals of Music. Choral and instrumental performances. 8-11 a.m. April 11. Free. 800/323-0974, www.festivalsofmusic.com
• U.S. Marine Band. 2 p.m. April 20. Free; no tickets required. 202/433-4011, www.marineband.usmc.mil
• New Dominion Chorale: Bach’s B Minor Mass. 4 p.m. April 27. $5-$25. 703/442-9404, www.newdominion.org
• Virginia Grand Military Band: March-Past of the United States Armed Forces. 8 p.m. May 31. $10, $20. 703/281-3331, www.vgmb.com
Strathmore: The Mansion
10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda. 301/581-5100, www.strathmore.org
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow