- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
HE SAID WHAT?
“I’ve been looking forward to playing this game the last two years.” — Carmelo Anthony on Team USA’s Thursday rematch with Greece, which beat the Americans in 2006
HEADLINERS: WHO’S MAKING NEWS THIS WEEK
Likeable or not, he’s the most compelling story of the Beijing Games so far - and it’s hard to imagine that changing.
Bronze medal was a moral victory for a team not expected to do much after loss of Hamm brothers.
The most popular American basketball player in China is off to a horrid start, shooting 37 percent.
He was acquired from the Reds to give the Diamondbacks the power they have missed for the last two seasons.
His win at Watkins Glen ended a mini “slump” for the points leader, who clinched the top spot entering the Chase.
TWT FIVE: Best Madden Football Covers
With Madden 2009 out Tuesday with Brett Favre on the cover — in Packers, not Jets, green — it’s worth taking a look at previous boxes.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again