- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
New frontier for Green
He headed home in late May to see his friends graduate at Georgetown, then trekked to Seattle for an NBA Draft watch promotion with SuperSonics fans. He flew to Orlando to participate in the NBA Summer League, then jetted to upstate New York to volunteer at a summer camp for cancer survivors. The next stop was Las Vegas, where Green contributed to a 10-man team selected to help the U.S. team tune up for the Olympics. In the span of one late-July week, Green flew to Oklahoma City to search for a new house, back to the District, then up to the Pacific Northwest to move out of his condo.
“I have been all over the place,” Green says. “My flight miles have been piling up.”
It was his first visit to Oklahoma City, and while he said he “never really cared too much to learn anything about it” before, he has done some sleuthing. He consulted New Orleans Hornets center Tyson Chandler, who learned about the city during the Hornets’ one-year refuge in Oklahoma City following Hurricane Katrina.
“He just said there’s not a lot to do there, but the fans greet you with open arms, the arena will be sold out every night, and whether you win or lose they will be behind you,” Green said. “I have been doing my research, but it takes time, you know. It’s a new place.”
About the Author
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
White House pets gone wild!