- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
New frontier for Green
Question of the Day
He headed home in late May to see his friends graduate at Georgetown, then trekked to Seattle for an NBA Draft watch promotion with SuperSonics fans. He flew to Orlando to participate in the NBA Summer League, then jetted to upstate New York to volunteer at a summer camp for cancer survivors. The next stop was Las Vegas, where Green contributed to a 10-man team selected to help the U.S. team tune up for the Olympics. In the span of one late-July week, Green flew to Oklahoma City to search for a new house, back to the District, then up to the Pacific Northwest to move out of his condo.
“I have been all over the place,” Green says. “My flight miles have been piling up.”
It was his first visit to Oklahoma City, and while he said he “never really cared too much to learn anything about it” before, he has done some sleuthing. He consulted New Orleans Hornets center Tyson Chandler, who learned about the city during the Hornets’ one-year refuge in Oklahoma City following Hurricane Katrina.
“He just said there’s not a lot to do there, but the fans greet you with open arms, the arena will be sold out every night, and whether you win or lose they will be behind you,” Green said. “I have been doing my research, but it takes time, you know. It’s a new place.”
About the Author
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world