- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
New frontier for Green
He headed home in late May to see his friends graduate at Georgetown, then trekked to Seattle for an NBA Draft watch promotion with SuperSonics fans. He flew to Orlando to participate in the NBA Summer League, then jetted to upstate New York to volunteer at a summer camp for cancer survivors. The next stop was Las Vegas, where Green contributed to a 10-man team selected to help the U.S. team tune up for the Olympics. In the span of one late-July week, Green flew to Oklahoma City to search for a new house, back to the District, then up to the Pacific Northwest to move out of his condo.
“I have been all over the place,” Green says. “My flight miles have been piling up.”
It was his first visit to Oklahoma City, and while he said he “never really cared too much to learn anything about it” before, he has done some sleuthing. He consulted New Orleans Hornets center Tyson Chandler, who learned about the city during the Hornets’ one-year refuge in Oklahoma City following Hurricane Katrina.
“He just said there’s not a lot to do there, but the fans greet you with open arms, the arena will be sold out every night, and whether you win or lose they will be behind you,” Green said. “I have been doing my research, but it takes time, you know. It’s a new place.”
About the Author
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.