- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
With Kyle Orton claiming the Bears’ starting spot, the 49ers have the next underwhelming quarterback competition to be solved. 8 p.m. Chs. 5, 45
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS ” WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
Meet your preseason NFL rushing leader. Last year’s leader, Gary Russell (not the boxer), finished the 2007 season with seven carries.
Fridge got the Terps back on the front page, but he may start to regret benching Turner by halftime of the home game against Cal.
No one seems too concerned that last year’s first-round pick hasn’t practiced live since July. But the Redskins’ defense needs him at full speed.
Once seen as a bullpen rock for the Nationals, Ayala had a 5.78 ERA, eight losses and four blown saves this season. Enjoy New York.
Get your jabs and jokes in while you can. Too much has gone wrong for the Nationals’ general manager to keep his job.
TWT FIVE “ Worst starting NFL quarterbacks
Here’s the worst of the worst, aside from the jobs that haven’t been decided yet.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- White House touts leadership in handling of crisis in Ukraine, despite lack of results
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again