- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Question of the Day
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
With Kyle Orton claiming the Bears’ starting spot, the 49ers have the next underwhelming quarterback competition to be solved. 8 p.m. Chs. 5, 45
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS ” WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
Meet your preseason NFL rushing leader. Last year’s leader, Gary Russell (not the boxer), finished the 2007 season with seven carries.
Fridge got the Terps back on the front page, but he may start to regret benching Turner by halftime of the home game against Cal.
No one seems too concerned that last year’s first-round pick hasn’t practiced live since July. But the Redskins’ defense needs him at full speed.
Once seen as a bullpen rock for the Nationals, Ayala had a 5.78 ERA, eight losses and four blown saves this season. Enjoy New York.
Get your jabs and jokes in while you can. Too much has gone wrong for the Nationals’ general manager to keep his job.
TWT FIVE “ Worst starting NFL quarterbacks
Here’s the worst of the worst, aside from the jobs that haven’t been decided yet.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq