- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
With Kyle Orton claiming the Bears’ starting spot, the 49ers have the next underwhelming quarterback competition to be solved. 8 p.m. Chs. 5, 45
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS ” WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
Meet your preseason NFL rushing leader. Last year’s leader, Gary Russell (not the boxer), finished the 2007 season with seven carries.
Fridge got the Terps back on the front page, but he may start to regret benching Turner by halftime of the home game against Cal.
No one seems too concerned that last year’s first-round pick hasn’t practiced live since July. But the Redskins’ defense needs him at full speed.
Once seen as a bullpen rock for the Nationals, Ayala had a 5.78 ERA, eight losses and four blown saves this season. Enjoy New York.
Get your jabs and jokes in while you can. Too much has gone wrong for the Nationals’ general manager to keep his job.
TWT FIVE “ Worst starting NFL quarterbacks
Here’s the worst of the worst, aside from the jobs that haven’t been decided yet.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq