- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
With Kyle Orton claiming the Bears’ starting spot, the 49ers have the next underwhelming quarterback competition to be solved. 8 p.m. Chs. 5, 45
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS ” WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
Meet your preseason NFL rushing leader. Last year’s leader, Gary Russell (not the boxer), finished the 2007 season with seven carries.
Fridge got the Terps back on the front page, but he may start to regret benching Turner by halftime of the home game against Cal.
No one seems too concerned that last year’s first-round pick hasn’t practiced live since July. But the Redskins’ defense needs him at full speed.
Once seen as a bullpen rock for the Nationals, Ayala had a 5.78 ERA, eight losses and four blown saves this season. Enjoy New York.
Get your jabs and jokes in while you can. Too much has gone wrong for the Nationals’ general manager to keep his job.
TWT FIVE “ Worst starting NFL quarterbacks
Here’s the worst of the worst, aside from the jobs that haven’t been decided yet.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014