- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Portis to play
Question of the Day
Golston started 13 games as a rookie. Last year, Montgomery started 15 contests, but defensive coordinator Greg Blache said Golston played well enough in the playoff loss to Seattle that he likely would have started the next week in Dallas.
Montgomery missed time this camp with a broken hand, and Golston has started the first four preseason games. But Montgomery is listed ahead of Golston on the depth chart.
“It has been a great rotation. Whichever guy you pick, the other guy is right there with that rotation,” Zorn said. “It will be significant to the guy, but it won’t be that significant to us because we’ve got three or four pretty good guys in there.”
The Redskins released former Maryland tight end Jason Goode with an injury settlement Tuesday. Goode had three catches for 65 yards, including a 33-yard touchdown reception against the Jets.
Goode has not practiced since that game because of turf toe and would have had trouble cracking the 53-man roster with veterans Chris Cooley and Todd Yoder and second-round pick Fred Davis in front of him.
Linebacker Danny Verdun-Wheeler, whom the team cut early in camp, was signed to replace Goode on the roster.
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world