- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Portis to play
Golston started 13 games as a rookie. Last year, Montgomery started 15 contests, but defensive coordinator Greg Blache said Golston played well enough in the playoff loss to Seattle that he likely would have started the next week in Dallas.
Montgomery missed time this camp with a broken hand, and Golston has started the first four preseason games. But Montgomery is listed ahead of Golston on the depth chart.
“It has been a great rotation. Whichever guy you pick, the other guy is right there with that rotation,” Zorn said. “It will be significant to the guy, but it won’t be that significant to us because we’ve got three or four pretty good guys in there.”
The Redskins released former Maryland tight end Jason Goode with an injury settlement Tuesday. Goode had three catches for 65 yards, including a 33-yard touchdown reception against the Jets.
Goode has not practiced since that game because of turf toe and would have had trouble cracking the 53-man roster with veterans Chris Cooley and Todd Yoder and second-round pick Fred Davis in front of him.
Linebacker Danny Verdun-Wheeler, whom the team cut early in camp, was signed to replace Goode on the roster.
About the Author
- The Capitals' Cup full of dreams
- Capitals' Green left off Canada's roster
- Capitals' new addition brings energy
- Capitals trade their captain to Columbus
- Disastrous first period dooms Capitals
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.