- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
DICK HELLER: Hoyas vs. Bison: D.C.’s natural rivalry
For his part, Howard’s Bailey promised that paying customers a week from Saturday will see “a great game, a great band, great dance teams. … The energy level at our games is incredible.”
Everybody on the premises expressed a desire for the schools to play regularly, possibly in an annual opener, though it may be a year or three before the respective schedules can be adjusted. And, Kelly noted, the NCAA has tacked an extra week onto its playoffs, reducing the number of open dates for all schools.
Neither the Bison nor Hoyas figure to be in playoff contention anytime soon, but stranger things have happened. Like two D.C. football teams finally getting together on the same field after a century or so.
“It’s the beginning of a nice partnership,” said Datcher, once an assistant to former Georgetown basketball coach John Thompson Jr. and later an associate AD on the Hilltop. “These are the only I-AA football schools in the District, and it’s time for it.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.