- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
THOMAS: Mumbai explained
“You’ve got to be taught to hate and fear
“You’ve got to be taught from year to year
“It’s got to be drummed in your dear little ear
“You’ve got to be carefully taught.”
(“South Pacific,” music and lyrics by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein)
Looking at the faces of two young men who were among the purveyors of death at Mumbai, India’s Taj Mahal and Oberoi hotels, Chhattrapati Shivaji Terminus station and Leopold’s restaurant, makes Westerners recoil, and not just in horror. We also question how anyone could be so insensitive to the value of human life. See song lyric above.
The killers - these and others over many years - use Islam as the foundation for their indoctrination, coupling it with the belief that Western society is weak and unwilling to do what is necessary to properly defend itself. They have literally bet their lives that the West will meet their force with something less commanding. And that is why they have infiltrated - and are infiltrating - Britain, much of Western Europe, America (and India) through immigration and high birthrates.
President-elect Barack Obama, who once pledged to “sit down” with America’s enemies, may have second thoughts after watching the carnage in Mumbai. A caller to one media outlet, a man representing himself as one of the terrorists, said Indian occupation of “Muslim land” was the reason for the attack. How do you negotiate with that? Do we give them all of Earth, move to the moon and start over, controlling who gets to follow? Radical Muslim doctrine considers all land potential, or actual, “Muslim land.”
The British media are full of stories claiming some of the Mumbai killers were taught in Islamic schools in Britain and radicalized by fanatical imams before heading to Pakistan for weapons training. This is nothing new. The terrorists who bombed three London subway trains and a bus in 2005 were found to be part of this web of hate involving Islamic schools, radical mosques, fanatical imams and operational trainers in Pakistan. Then-Prime Minister Tony Blair attempted to shut down the most offensive mosques and deport the imams of hate. His efforts produced mixed results, thanks to opposition from British civil liberties groups that are more concerned with protecting terrorists than their targets. Some imams were deported, but many others remain and new terrorists are being incubated in Britain and other European nations.
The Daily Mail Online reported Sunday that a banned Islamic terrorist group helped underwrite the Mumbai attacks with cash raised in British mosques.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Britain’s Security Service, MI5, “has identified about 2,000 individuals who pose a direct threat to national security and public safety and believes the number of potential terrorists living in this country [Britain] could run to 4,000.”
Writing in the Telegraph, columnist Philip Johnston notes, “It is difficult to prevent someone traveling to Pakistan ostensibly to visit their grandmother or uncle. An estimated 400,000 trips a year are made by Britons of Pakistani origin to their ancestral homeland.”
What is needed in Britain - and America - is a change in the thinking that naively believes that simply exposing foreign nationals to our way of life means they will “catch” it as they might the flu. Allowing immigrants from nations in which the dominant religion mandates the forced subordination of every other faith (or no faith) and their subjugation through state power under Shariah law, increases the likelihood of more attacks.
About the Author
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- New battlefront emerges in war between Republicans, tea party
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
- Budget negotiators look to federal workers for benefit concessions
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
White House pets gone wild!