- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Spring Training Report
SEEN AND HEARD IN VIERA, FLA.
It was a Boone family reunion yesterday. Aaron Boone reported to camp, and his brother Bret, out of baseball for more than a year, signed a minor league contract and was introduced to reporters with his father, assistant general manager Bob Boone, watching.
What’s next? Pat Boone singing the first national anthem at Nationals Park? T. Boone Pickens throwing out the first pitch? …
It was a little windier than Sunday, but another good crowd showed to watch pitchers and catchers — including two dogs wearing Nationals colors. Yesterday, a short haired terrier wore a cape that said, “Little Nationals fan.”
UP — MARK ZUCKERMAN
The Washington Times’ beat writer predicted Bret Boone would join the Nationals moments before he walked in the room.
UP — NEW CARTS
The new red and white carts that team officials drive around the complex are four seaters, front and back.
DOWN — VIERA
It is amazing they roll up the streets in much of the area so early at night.
DOWN — EMERGENCY CATCHER
Aaron Boone? “I’d bring back the Tony Pena, the leg sticking out. I don’t know how long I could squat,” he said.
“You guys look a little puzzled.”
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again