- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Spring Training Report
SEEN AND HEARD IN VIERA, FLA.
It was a Boone family reunion yesterday. Aaron Boone reported to camp, and his brother Bret, out of baseball for more than a year, signed a minor league contract and was introduced to reporters with his father, assistant general manager Bob Boone, watching.
What’s next? Pat Boone singing the first national anthem at Nationals Park? T. Boone Pickens throwing out the first pitch? …
It was a little windier than Sunday, but another good crowd showed to watch pitchers and catchers — including two dogs wearing Nationals colors. Yesterday, a short haired terrier wore a cape that said, “Little Nationals fan.”
UP — MARK ZUCKERMAN
The Washington Times’ beat writer predicted Bret Boone would join the Nationals moments before he walked in the room.
UP — NEW CARTS
The new red and white carts that team officials drive around the complex are four seaters, front and back.
DOWN — VIERA
It is amazing they roll up the streets in much of the area so early at night.
DOWN — EMERGENCY CATCHER
Aaron Boone? “I’d bring back the Tony Pena, the leg sticking out. I don’t know how long I could squat,” he said.
“You guys look a little puzzled.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.