- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Question of the Day
Worst experience: I represented the buyers for a condo in the District. The seller had moved to Germany. He was to sign and send the documentation by overnight mail but, for reasons unknown to anyone, the papers did not show up. He used several carriers, but the papers were lost three times. After the settlement had been postponed for two weeks, the seller, fed up, flew in from Germany at the last minute to make certain that the settlement could be completed. Of course, the papers showed up by carrier the same day as the seller.
Education: Bachelor of arts in health and society, University of Rochester, 2004; certificate of business management in marketing, University of Rochester’s Simon School of Business, 2004.
Outside interests/community service: Travel; frequent blood donor
Last book read: “The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference,” by Malcolm Gladwell
Last movie seen: “Juno”
What kind of car do you drive? Mini Cooper S
What is your personal dream house? It would have two sets of staircases to reach the second story, one from the kitchen and one from the foyer. It would have dark hardwood floors, family room off the kitchen, a mudroom and a two-car garage, close to the Dupont Metro station.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- Pentagon's human memory-chip program moves forward; two universities awarded contracts
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener