- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Question of the Day
Military health care — 6 p.m. —Women in Technology discusses “Women at the Helm of Military Health Care: Four CIOs Share Their Views.” Col. Vaseal Lewis, chief information officer of the U.S. Army Medical Department, and Col. Lee Harford, chief information officer of the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General, participate. Location: Hilton McLean, 7920 Jones Branch Drive. Contact: 202/361-2891.
South Korea — 6:45 p.m. —Johns Hopkins University’s Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) discusses “At the Hub of Asia: Confronting South Korea’s Future Under President-Elect Lee,” with Donald Kirk, author of two books on the Korean economy and former correspondent for the Chicago Tribune, Christian Science Monitor and CBS News. Location: SAIS, Bernstein-Offit Building, 1740 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Room 500. Contact: 202/663-5626.
•Compiled by FIND/AFP and The Washington Times
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world