Continued from page 1

The family members were identified as Glenn Allen Johnson Jr., 33; Kendra Nicole Johnson, 26; Sevin Johnson, 5; Mekenzie Johnson, 2; and 18-month-old Mya Johnson. All were from Sanders in Gallatin County.

The family had been reported missing Jan. 10 to police in Hamilton, Ohio, about 20 miles north of Cincinnati, authorities said.

Man pleads guilty to robbery charges

TRENTON, N.J. — One of four men suspected in a series of bank heists that resulted in the death of an FBI agent last year pleaded guilty to robbery and weapons charges yesterday.

Michael Cruz, 22, admitted driving the planned getaway car, and acknowledged that he and two other suspects brought a .38-caliber handgun, an assault rifle and another rifle with them to an attempted bank robbery in April 2007.

FBI Special Agent Barry Lee Bush, 52, was part of a stakeout attempting to catch the men thought responsible for four armed bank robberies in central New Jersey that netted nearly $90,000. The FBI has not released the results of its investigation, but has said Agent Bush was shot accidentally by another agent outside the bank.

Cruz, who was arrested outside the bank, pleaded guilty to robbery, armed robbery, conspiracy and weapons offenses. He faces 17 to 19 years in federal prison when he is sentenced on April 28, according to Executive Assistant U.S. Attorney Charles McKenna.

Carbon monoxide kills hotel guest

ALLENTOWN, Pa. — Carbon monoxide fumes killed a hotel guest and sickened four others yesterday after a construction canopy blocked venting from the building’s hot water heaters, officials said.

Levels of the poisonous, odorless gas were so high that rescuers were forced to retreat until the Best Western Allentown Inn & Suites could be ventilated.

The dead hotel guest was identified by the coroner’s office as Philip D. Prechtel, 63, of Hilton Head Island, S.C. Four guests who felt the effects of the gas were taken to a hospital, Berks-Lehigh Regional Police spokesman Pete Nickischer said. Five emergency workers also were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The building had been completely ventilated by late morning and there was no further risk, said Grant Grim, the Upper Macungie Township fire commissioner.

From staff reports and wire dispatches