- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Dad eyed in teens’ death
Question of the Day
From combined dispatches
Two Dallas-area teenage sisters were fatally shot this week, and police were hunting last night for their fugitive father, an Egyptian Muslim immigrant.
Police found Sarah Yaser Said, 17, and Amina Yaser Said, 18, dead of gunshot wounds Tuesday night in a taxi in an Irving parking lot. The taxi was owned by their father, Yaser Abdel Said, whom authorities were seeking last night on a double capital-murder warrant.
According to the Dallas Morning News, police were looking into whether Mr. Said was upset with the dating activities and Western ways of the two teens. Both girls had MySpace.com pages with photos of them clowning around and dressed like typical American teens.
A friend of the dead girls told a Dallas TV station that Mr. Said was critical of popular American lifestyles.
Sarah "always told me that she was always so scared of her dad," Kathleen Wong told CBS affiliate KTVT. "At school if a teacher joked around like, 'I'm gonna tell your parents about this,' she would like totally flip out and start crying like, 'Please don"t tell.' "
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors