- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
Tom Knott: Stray-Rod’s escapades come at a heavy price
Question of the Day
Alex Rodriguez and Madonna are “just friends,” as the characterization is loosely defined among the representatives of the incredibly wealthy and famous.
Cynthia, A-Rod’s estranged wife, has hired two lawyers to calculate the cost of being “just friends” with Madonna.
Sports Illustrated has estimated that A-Rod will earn approximately $445 million over the course of his baseball career. That is not counting his commercial endorsements, vast real estate holdings and a Gulfstream jet worth more than $30 million. He and Cynthia have two daughters who will be considered in the financial fallout as well.
Three is always a crowd in a marriage, four if you count Madonna’s kabbalah group.
And Cynthia believes A-Rod has succumbed to the influence of the esoteric philosophy.
That makes A-Rod both a cad and a victim.
He apparently is unable to resist temptation and not just the charms of a vixen of a certain age.
A-Rod has a history with strippers and a former Playboy pin-up.
His record of indiscretions is destined to be used against the prenuptial agreement that he and his wife signed in 2002.
Money cannot buy Cynthia marital bliss, but it is a nice consolation prize.
A-Rod follows a long list of well-known athletes with wandering eyes.
That pastime wound up costing Michael Jordan $168 million in his divorce from Juanita.
Who knows what the final cost will be to Travis Henry, the running back with nine children by nine women?
Trying to be the father of our country is not cheap. The cost of diapers alone is significant.
Being committed to spreading the seed of joy takes an emotional toll, as Shawn Kemp discovered. He found solace in drug and drink after siring seven children by six women. Not surprisingly, this proved detrimental to his NBA career.
About the Author
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Deportations under Obama plunged to just 1 percent last year
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow