- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
NCAA Football 09
Just like Thanksgiving before Christmas, this game should start flying off the shelves Wednesday … just in time for Madden next month.
How did we get to the point where the three-time MVP is talking about showing up to Green Bay Packers camp … and it’s treated as a threat?
The NFL’s other Iron Man had knee surgery and will miss most if not all of training camp … and a preseason date with the Redskins.
The NBA’s biggest free agent domino had an ugly exit from the Clippers, but at least he didn’t leave an e-mail trail this time.
The people’s champion of the Home Run Derby, Hamilton crushed 28 homers in the first round to add to his legend.
TWT FIVE HOME RUN DERBY PERFORMANCES
1. Josh Hamilton, 2008. He didn’t win, but the Rangers outfielder put on an unforgettable show.
2. Mark McGwire, 1999. He didn’t win either, but Big Mac made tiny Fenway Park look even smaller with 13 first-round homers.
3. Sammy Sosa, 2000. One year after an embarrassing effort in the event, Slammy smashed 26 homers in three rounds.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forged'
Latest Blog Entries
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow