- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
NCAA Football 09
Just like Thanksgiving before Christmas, this game should start flying off the shelves Wednesday … just in time for Madden next month.
How did we get to the point where the three-time MVP is talking about showing up to Green Bay Packers camp … and it’s treated as a threat?
The NFL’s other Iron Man had knee surgery and will miss most if not all of training camp … and a preseason date with the Redskins.
The NBA’s biggest free agent domino had an ugly exit from the Clippers, but at least he didn’t leave an e-mail trail this time.
The people’s champion of the Home Run Derby, Hamilton crushed 28 homers in the first round to add to his legend.
TWT FIVE HOME RUN DERBY PERFORMANCES
1. Josh Hamilton, 2008. He didn’t win, but the Rangers outfielder put on an unforgettable show.
2. Mark McGwire, 1999. He didn’t win either, but Big Mac made tiny Fenway Park look even smaller with 13 first-round homers.
3. Sammy Sosa, 2000. One year after an embarrassing effort in the event, Slammy smashed 26 homers in three rounds.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again