- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Obama vows victory in Virginia
A CBS poll released Wednesday provided the latest round of support for Mr. Obama’s struggles with Clinton supporters, especially women.
Twelve percent of Democrats said they will support Mr. McCain over Mr. Obama in the general election - higher than the 8 percent of Democrats who defected to President Bush in 2004. In addition, nearly a quarter of Clinton supporters - including a greater percentage of women - say they will back Mr. McCain in November.
But other Democrats with close ties to the party’s campaign said that they expected Mrs. Clinton to send a strong message to her supporters Saturday to put her loss behind them and embrace Mr. Obama’s nomination.
“She’s going to be gracious and enthusiastic about what she says about Barack Obama and that will transfer to her supporters,” said longtime party strategist Steve Elmendorf.
*Donald Lambro and Gary Emerling reported from Washington for this article, which is based in part on wire service reports.
About the Author
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Rush weighs in: Maybe Republicans dont dislike Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow