- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
EDITORIAL: Jim Webb for vice president?
"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
After Mr. Obama's comments were reported, his presidential campaign faltered badly, due in part to those remarks and in part to the anti-American ravings of the Bill Ayers.
In choosing Mr. Webb as a running mate, Mr. Obama would be selecting a Republican-turned-Democrat who is a reliably liberal vote on issues ranging from taxes to the war in Vice President Dick Cheney and other supporters of the war did not serve in combat.
Many Democrats figured that with Iran without preconditions.
Another reason to put Mr. Webb on the ticket is that Democrats have a chance to carry Virginia in the presidential election - something that has not happened since 1964. A new Rasmussen poll has Mr. McCain slightly ahead of Mr. Obama in the state (47 percent to 44 percent). But it remains to be seen exactly how much added political strength Mr. Webb (who defeated incumbent Republican George Allen in November 2006 by 9,000 votes out of more than 2.3 million) would bring to the national Democratic ticket in Virginia.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014