- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
Question of the Day
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The first-place Capitals start their West Coast road trip against the Ducks in Anaheim. 10 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS » Who’s making headlines this week
Never guessed we’d hear his name so many times in the same sentence with Martha Stewart. The good news for Cuban: He’s a lot richer.
In four seasons at Syracuse his teams have gone 9-36 while he made $1.1 million a year. The school finally canned him Sunday.
He’s still talking about a college football playoff. The election’s over, so Obama must be at least somewhat serious about ditching the BCS, right?
Wrapped up his third consecutive NASCAR title with a 15th-place finish. Most exciting development: It gave folks a reason to talk about Cale Yarborough.
The MVP talk has started - and why wouldn’t it? In the past two weeks, he has 519 passing yards and five touchdowns. His Titans remain unbeaten.
TWT FIVE » WORST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS
1. Washington. The Huskies are 0-10 and have lost 12 straight dating to last season.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forged'
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over 'ill-judged' comments about Sarah Palin
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- EDITORIAL: Motor City meltdown
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?
Despite cynicism about the law, it can provide you justice, protection, and ensure your rights.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch