- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The first-place Capitals start their West Coast road trip against the Ducks in Anaheim. 10 p.m., CSN
NEWSMAKERS » Who’s making headlines this week
Never guessed we’d hear his name so many times in the same sentence with Martha Stewart. The good news for Cuban: He’s a lot richer.
In four seasons at Syracuse his teams have gone 9-36 while he made $1.1 million a year. The school finally canned him Sunday.
He’s still talking about a college football playoff. The election’s over, so Obama must be at least somewhat serious about ditching the BCS, right?
Wrapped up his third consecutive NASCAR title with a 15th-place finish. Most exciting development: It gave folks a reason to talk about Cale Yarborough.
The MVP talk has started - and why wouldn’t it? In the past two weeks, he has 519 passing yards and five touchdowns. His Titans remain unbeaten.
TWT FIVE » WORST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS
1. Washington. The Huskies are 0-10 and have lost 12 straight dating to last season.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again