- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
In what should be a high-scoring affair, Chauncey Billups will make his second debut with Denver when the Nuggets visit Golden State. 10:30 p.m., ESPN
The Answer lands on his third team, the Detroit Pistons, and gets his best shot to win an NBA title since losing in the 2001 finals with the 76ers.
Never mind the national championship he won a decade ago; the Great Pumpkin didn’t win enough since then in the tough SEC. The TV booth will welcome him.
The coach went from unknown to the front pages with Texas Tech’s upset of Texas. Now he still has Oklahoma State and Oklahoma on the schedule.
The second QB taken in the 2007 NFL Draft finally gets a chance to start when the Browns throw out the former Golden Domer against the Broncos.
Took control of a potentially painful interview with Chris Berman by demanding college football go to a season-ending playoff. That had to grab some votes.
TWT FIVE: 2007 NFL Draft Picks
In honor of Brady Quinn, the five best players a year and a half later:
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq