- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
World Series preview
NO. 2 STARTER
Rays: James Shields
The fact that the right-hander won’t pitch in Citizens Bank Park is probably a good thing — as the 52 homers he has given up in the last two seasons will attest. But the impressive right-hander is almost always a lock to give his team six or seven innings.
Phillies: Brett Myers
Which Myers will show up? He has been wildly inconsistent all year but showed up in a stellar outing in Game 2 of the NLDS against the Brewers. How he performs in Game 2 of the World Series could be a key.
NO. 3 STARTER
Rays: Matt Garza
The star of the ALCS is drawing comparisons to John Smoltz for the way he unflinchingly challenges hitters, and he might be the pitcher best equipped to silence a rabid Philadelphia crowd during the city’s first World Series home game in 15 years.
Phillies: Jamie Moyer
Much was made of Moyer’s ability to take advantage of the Dodgers’ young lineup with his still-precise command, but the 45-year-old was hit around in Game 3 of the NLCS, the only one the Phillies lost. However, Tampa Bay hasn’t seen him before.
NO. 4 STARTER
Rays: Andy Sonnanstine
The only member of the Rays’ staff that can’t be called a power pitcher, Sonnanstine is nonetheless good enough to give Tampa Bay a chance in Game 4, especially if he can change speeds effectively.
About the Author
- T'wolves receive post-Christmas gift
- Back in Minnesota, Saunders sees Wizards stumble
- Nationals sign veteran Marquis
- Nats' buzz at meetings is change of strategy
- In Cleveland, Acta's stock still climbing
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.