- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Redskins’ Haynesworth a $100M upgrade
Question of the Day
Now Haynesworth is fending off the critics who believe the Redskins overpaid to get him, and the perception among some observers that he doesn’t go hard all the time during games.
He was asked if he plays with a chip on his shoulder. “A boulder,” he replied.
“In Tennessee, they tried to say the same thing,” he said. “He’s getting all that money, he’s relaxed. That’s B.S. I make money off the field. If I didn’t want to do this anymore, I wouldn’t have to. It’s not about money. It sounds like a cliche, but it’s about being the best in the world. To be the best in your sport, nobody else can say that. If I get into the Hall of Fame and put on that yellow jacket, that will mean something to me.”
Haynesworth is part of a commercial real estate partnership in Tennessee that he says is doing well.
“There are other things I can do without killing myself,” he said. “The money’s good [from football], don’t get me wrong, but I could be wearing a collared shirt and slacks instead of killing myself and wondering if I’ll be able to walk when I’m 40.
“It’s about being the best. [Redskins owner Dan Snyder] has billions of dollars, but he can’t say he’s the best. He’s completely comfortable, he has great cars and houses, he owns the Redskins and all that, but there are other billionaires out there. This is a rare opportunity. I could be the best there is.”
About the Author
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- Prevention of school massacre shoots down arguments for Colorado gun control laws
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- CARUSO: Driving off Russian aggression with U.S. natural gas
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow