- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
HAGELIN: Assaulted by sex-ed
Culture Challenge of the Week: Immoral Sex Indoctrination
Much of what is being taught to our young girls and boys in sex-education classes is too graphic and vulgar to be quoted in the newspaper.
For that, you can blame Planned Parenthood, Advocates for Youth, and the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS). The content of sex-education programs is dominated by these groups, which instruct our children on how to perform sexual acts, including homosexuality and sadomasochism. Their materials promote a radical political agenda, are highly pornographic, encourage our children to be sexually active and are largely devoid of biological and medical information.
To fully grasp the problem, read Dr. Miriam Grossman’s new book, “You’re Teaching My Child What?” It is a shocking and maddening expose of how our children are being brainwashed by perverted and immoral sex propagandists.
Do I sound like an alarmist? Read the book, scan through your own child’s sex-ed materials, and then let’s talk. You’ll probably become an “alarmist,” too.
Here are just two of the hundreds of carefully documented facts from Dr. Grossman’s book: When exposing Planned Parenthood’s timetable of when kids should be taught what, she writes, “They instruct parents to tell 5-year-olds about intercourse, though explaining orgasm can wait until he’s finished kindergarten.” And for sadomasochism? Educators often send teen girls to a Web site that says, “Though it may seem painful, those involved find the pleasure outweighs the pain.”
How To Save Your Family from Sex Instructors:
Let’s be clear: If you have a child in public school, he or she will likely be subjected to pornographic, immoral and medically false sex instruction unless you intervene. If you do nothing, your child will be forced to sit at a desk while an authority figure and/or educational materials violate their sensibilities and lead them into a sordid world.
Your first step to keep your child from falling victim to radical liberal ideology is to become familiar with the materials used in your school. Call the principal and insist on reviewing the books, handouts, videos, “recommended” Web sites and list of sex-ed guest speakers.
As you do, read Dr. Grossman’s book. She will arm you with the facts and courage you need as you take the next step: Opt your child out of sex-ed and “family life” classes.
All three of my children have been in public high schools, and none of them have been verbally sexually assaulted in the classroom, because my husband and I opted them out of the raunchy instruction. Mind you, it was not a smooth process.
The first year we were told that our son had to write five reports every week based on five “health articles” in The Washington Post while his classmates listened to titillating sex talk. Of course, I informed the school that we don’t believe most of what we read in the Post, and that our son would only read health information from reliable sources. We won that battle, and each week Nick went to the library during sex-ed class and summarized articles from The Washington Times and the Heritage Foundation.
My favorites were a report that revealed parents want their kids to be taught how to say “no” to sex, and a Heritage policy paper titled “Sexually Active Teenagers Are More Likely to Be Depressed and to Attempt Suicide.” He stapled copies of the reports to his summaries. The teacher must have learned quite a bit that year, because Nick got an “A.”
Your children deserve to know about the dangers of being sexually active outside of marriage, and the truth that sexual relations within the bonds of marriage are beautiful, safe and incredibly fulfilling. Help them understand the virtues of purity by having frequent nonthreatening discussions and by surrounding them with people who share your values. For practical, proven ways to help your teens practice abstinence, visit the Abstinence Clearinghouse at www.abstinence.net.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- NAPOLITANO: A legal way to kill?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014