HE SAID WHAT?
"After all those years of not being able to hit him, do I want to hit him? Of course I want to hit him." - Packers linebacker Nick Barnett on former teammate Brett Favre
NATIONAL NEWSMAKERS " WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
OK, this time he's really back. He practiced. His jersey's on sale in the Vikings team store. And he's starting for Minnesota on Friday.
Including Stephen Strasburg, baseball's superagent completed deals for five first-round clients Monday before the deadline.
The most frightening force in sports. Just ask the SEC, the NFL, Stephon Marbury, Lance Armstrong and, of course, the Redskins.
The sprinter thinks he can shave even more time off of his cartoon-like world record in the 100-meter dash; he's aiming for 9.4.
Keeping the tradition of wackiness alive, the Raiders coach apparently punched an assistant coach in the face. Naturally.
TWT FIVE " TOP NATIONALS PROSPECTS
1. Stephen Strasburg - He zooms to the top of the class after signing even if he doesn't throw a pitch this season.
2. Chris Marrero - The first baseman recently earned a promotion to Class AA after hitting 16 homers for Potomac.
3. Derek Norris - The catcher is having a terrific season in low Class A, hitting 23 homers and batting .291.
4. Drew Storen - Other 2009 first-rounder will be the first of this group to reach the majors.
5. Danny Espinosa - The shortstop showed power and speed in his second season, though his average slipped.