- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Iran defense minister a terror suspect
Question of the Day
Protests against the government have continued throughout the summer, though many protest leaders and leading reformist politicians are now facing trial on charges of inciting a “velvet revolution.”
Meanwhile, many Iran analysts say, the Revolutionary Guard has effectively taken control of the country. Mr. Ahmadinejad began installing former associates from the guard in Iran’s civil service after he won his first election in 2005.
The Quds Force, named for the Arab word for Jerusalem, helped facilitate attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq in recent years by aiding, equipping and funding the Shi’ite militias involved.
Interference from the Quds Force became so intense that the Bush administration in its final months in office designated the organization a foreign terrorist entity, a designation that President Obama has not lifted.
Malcolm Hoenlein, vice chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations, said the elevation of Mr. Vahidi “is reflective of the hard-line nature of the new Cabinet.”
“This should heighten concerns about Iran’s pursuit of nuclear weapons. There is still an outstanding warrant for those men, including Vahidi, who are responsible for the bloody and brutal attack on the Jewish community center and Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires,” he said.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world