- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Robinson keeps nothing in reserve with Terps
That was evident in last fall’s JV games, when Robinson demonstrated he could salvage something from a bad play but moments later secure little in a favorable situation.
“He can scramble; he can run the ball. He has an evadability,” Friedgen said. “He makes some plays in practice that keep a dead play alive and then makes a play. Then he’ll do something where he’ll just throw it into coverage. Once he gets that corrected, then you’re going to see a guy who’s going to be a pretty good quarterback.”
Friedgen is determined to find playing time for Robinson, preferably at the end of lopsided victories. But with Turner departing after the season, the Terps would like to enter 2010 with a quarterback who has taken real snaps.
“I’ve been thinking about that and waiting for that chance since I got here,” Robinson said. “Hopefully it comes sooner than later now. I’m closer now than I was a long time ago.”
A game setting probably would help Robinson, who was on the punt-block team for one game last year, iron out some of his inconsistencies. He’s optimistic no nerves will surface when that time comes.
And make no mistake: The time is coming soon.
“Franklin’s told me I’m going to play,” Robinson said. “He hasn’t said when or how often. But they said I’m going to play. That’s a confidence booster. I’m just working harder now to maximize that [chance to] play when I get it.”
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.