- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
First Down: Hot stove storylines
Question of the Day
NEWSMAKERS - WHO'S MAKING HEADLINES THIS WEEK
Not having his best December. Wife's on her way out, and now he's linked to a doctor under investigation for doping.
Stole the headlines from John Lackey and the Red Sox with his impending trade to (and new contract from) the Phillies.
He'll be playing until he can't with a fractured right index finger that is hindering his shooting.
It took longer than some observers expected, but he's finally dogging it for Belichick and the Patriots.
The Jamaican sprinter and world-record holder is on the ballot for Time's person of the year.
TWT FIVE HOT STOVE STORYLINES
1. Musical Cy Youngs - Roy Halladay goes to the Phillies and Cliff Lee goes to the Mariners as the Blue Jays wind up with possible future ace Kyle Drabek and reportedly prospect Brett Wallace, too.
2. Red Sox strike back - The Evil Empire wins a World Series, so Boston gets John Lackey and Mike Cameron... after the Yankees nab Curtis Granderson.
3. Holliday season - Will the outfielder stick with the Cardinals or move on to the Mets, who are trying to keep pace with the Phillies?
4. Designated Angel - World Series MVP Hideki Matsui moves on to Los Angeles, meaning Vladimir Guerrero will be playing elsewhere.
5. Cuban Lefty Crisis - Well, it's not a crisis for Cuban pitcher Aroldis Chapman, but reportedly half the league scouted this guy. Let the bidding begin.
HE SAID WHAT?
You know, most of the time there's one or two, and you can't keep that a secret. So if he can balance 14 and keep it a secret, congrats.
- Clinton Portis on Tiger Woods and his many reported ladies during his appearance Tuesday on The John Thompson Show
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq