- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
Advice compiled and condensed from actual sources by Kelly Jane Torrance, who composed the questions.
I need your help again. This time, though, it's not for my daughter Lindsay - it's for me.
I've just been arrested, if you can believe it. For making a phone call! Fine, my ex-girlfriend had a restraining order against me, and contacting her violated that. But what else could I do? It's a scary world out there, as my daughter can attest, and a lonely one.
What can a guy do when he feels the need for a little contact?
- Michael Lohan
Personally, I experience the greatest degree of pleasure in having contact with works of art. They furnish me with happy feelings of an intensity such as I cannot derive from other realms.
- Albert Einstein
I can't seem to get out of the news. Now an interview I did a week and a half before the crash that changed my life has been aired. In it, I talked a lot about how important my family is to me. And it is. But maybe my views have developed differently over the years.
It's one thing to be a typical, middle-class family man. It's another to be one of the most famous and highly paid athletes in the world. (Though I'm not sure how much longer that latter thing will be true - the more mistresses that come out of the woodwork, the more sponsorships I lose.)
Can't people understand that such a transformation would change a man?
- Tiger Woods
Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.
- Anthony Brandt
This is so embarrassing. A court just found that I don't even have the skills to take care of my nearly adult 17-year-old daughter. They just gave guardianship of Frances Bean Cobain to my late husband's mom and sister.
It seems so unfair. Sure, I was arrested on drug charges - but that was years ago. And maybe I rant and rave pretty bizarrely on Twitter. But lots of celebrities do. Am I really that different from all the other mothers in the world?
- Courtney Love
Mothers are all slightly insane.
- J.D. Salinger
About the Author
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Budget negotiators look to federal workers for benefit concessions
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- New battlefront emerges in war between Republicans, tea party
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- KNIGHT: Can the ACLU force Catholic hospitals to perform abortions?
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
White House pets gone wild!