- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Heavy snow forecast for East Coast
Question of the Day
The mountain regions of Virginia and North Carolina are expected to get a mix of snow and ice.
Virginia Gov. TIm Kaine on Friday declared a state of emergency.
“The snowfall amounts along with strong winds could cause serious problems, including power outages throughout much of Virginia,” he said in a statement. “Virginians need to pay attention to their local weather forecasters, avoid travel and prepare to be on their own for up to 72 hours.” D.C.’s Department of Transportation said crews began treating roads with brine late Thursday — hitting elevated roadways, bridges and hilly streets before moving to major arteries.
Agency spokesman John Lisle said the city has budgeted $6.2 million for snow removal this year but such a big storm “can eat up a lot of your budget.”
The impending storm sent East Coast residents to stores, which quickly sold out of such staples as bread and milk. By mid-afternoon, local goverments began announcing closings.
The University of Maryland College Park canceled commencement ceremonies scheduled for Saturday and will reschedule exams.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world